A few months ago I saw a flyer for an open house the the Bucks County Academy of Fencing. They recently opened a branch of their organization in Hatfield. Knowing Alex, his fascination with light sabers and Nerf guns, and his appreciation of strategy games, I made a note that perhaps it would be worth a visit. Almost 2 weeks ago, while I was working one weekend, Scott took the boys to an open house at the Academy. When I returned home, this chalk drawing was in the driveway:
The best part of the drawing was the faces behind the masks:
Can you tell that that the open house was a success in piquing the interest of Alex? Much to Tyler's dismay, he isn't old enough to fence, and in some ways I am glad. I am hopeful that Alex will find a sport that he loves, much in the way that Tyler has developed loves for soccer and tennis.
This week, the real deal started. Alex has his own fencing glove and officially started class. If I say so myself, he looks quite dashing. I have a feeling that the history, strategy, balance and weapons of fencing will hook him.
In my wildest dreams, I never envisioned I would have a red headed, viola playing, fencing son. How cool is that?



1 comment:
Let's see, on a scale of 1-10 in coolness, well, Alex goes to 11. Such a great boy!!!
Post a Comment